Our intent in Geography is to:
- Provoke and provide answers to questions about the natural and human aspects of the world
- Allow children to develop an interest in their local surroundings and the importance of caring for the local environment.
- Develop a knowledge of processes that help to form key features of the world.
- Develop children’s sense of awe and wonder of the world around them.
- Enhance a sense of responsibility for the world in which we live and the people within it.
- Learn to use specific geographical skills including, fieldwork, map skills and geographical enquiry.
Our intent in history is to:
- Inspire children's curiosity, encouraging them to ask critical questions, enabling them to understand how the past has helped to shape the present state of Britain and understand how it has been influenced by the wider world.
- Develop children’s knowledge of past civilisations and the expansion of these civilisations and empires.
- Introduce children to historical enquiry and the ability to formulate and research questions using a variety of sources.
- Help children to develop a sense of chronology.
To see how Humanities are being taught throughout the school, take a look at our class pages and their curriculum maps.