Our intent in Music is to:
- Be motivated to enjoy and succeed in music.
- Explore different musical instruments and techniques provided by instrumental teaching opportunities.
- Develop musical skills and concepts through listening, appraising, performing and composing.
- Develop social skills through co-operation with others in the shared experience of music making.
- Develop an understanding of musical traditions and developments in a variety of cultures and over time.
At Whitemoor, we believe that music is an extremely important subject for all children to learn as it increases in human connection and even stress relief later in life. We incorporate singing daily in EYFS and KS1 and at least weekly in KS2.
To see how Music is being taught throughout the school, take a look at our class pages and the curriculum maps.